In order to implement the Charter, the BNITM will, in accordance with the Charter of Diversity,
1. cultivate an organisational culture characterised by mutual respect and appreciation for all. It creates the conditions for superiors and employees to recognise, share and live these values. Supervisors have a special obligation in this regard.
2. review HR processes and ensure that they reflect the diverse skills and talents of all employees and our performance aspirations.
3. recognise the diversity of society within and outside the organisation, value the potential it contains and use it profitably for the Institute.
4. make social diversity a topic of internal and external dialogue.
5. report publicly on activities and progress in promoting diversity and appreciation on an annual basis.
6. inform employees about the added value of diversity and involve them in the implementation of the charter.
Minister for Equalities, Katharina Fegebank: "The Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine is also flying the flag - the rainbow flag is visible from afar at the harbour - Hamburg's gateway to the world. A strong, unmistakable sign for diversity, tolerance and solidarity with the LGBTIQ* community. I am very pleased about this, especially because signing the Diversity Charter makes it clear that the Bernhard Nocht Institute also consciously promotes these values and publicly stands up for a diverse, multifaceted, colourful workforce and urban society."