East African Community Regional Network of Public Health Reference Laboratories for Communicable Diseases
The EAC Regional Network of Public Health Reference Laboratories for Communicable Diseases aims to reduce the burden of communicable disease outbreaks to the population by strengthening the capacity of the EAC Partner States to respond to suspected outbreaks timely. For further details please visit EAC Mobile Labs Project website, EAC Mobile Labs - Full documentary, Ebola Emergency Response - EAC Mobile Labs.
- To strengthen sustainable structures at National Public Health Laboratories and capacities for the rapid identification of infectious disease outbreaks by establishing mobile diagnostic laboratories
- To strengthen capacities in EAC Partner States to respond to pathogens of bio-safety level (BSL) 3 and 4 and other outbreaks of infectious diseases, prone to cause cross border epidemics
- To enable EAC countries to mobilise from within country as rapid first line response
- To enable the identification of pathogens by establishing broader screening diagnostics capacity
- To enhance the capacity of the EAC Partner States to respond to suspected outbreaks timely
Partner countries: Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Southern Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda.